Spring & Fall:
M-Th: 7:30 a.m. - 8 p.m
F 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
M-F: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
M-Th: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Off-campus access to library resources is available to students and staff of the College.
- Enter your DACC user ID and password when prompted and you will be passed through to the particular electronic resource you are trying to use.
- Your user ID and password are the same login and password you use to: access Blackboard, access the Jaguar Spot, or access DACC email.
- If you experience problems using a library database from off campus, contact the library by email or by phone if it is during library hours.
- Provide as many details as you can about: the name of the database you were trying to access, any error message you received (and what point you were at when it happened -- had you actually gotten into the database?), and when it happened.
How Many Books May I Check Out?
- There is no upper limit on the number of books you can check out from the DACC library. Other libraries in the system, however, may have limits that they impose.
- Books check out for 4 weeks and may be renewed twice. Users may renew them online by logging into "My Account" in the Online Catalog. Reserve items and other types of items have different circulation rules and periods.
- Users may renew them online by logging into "My Account" in the Online Catalog. Reserve items cannot be renewed. Fines of $1/day are charged on Reserve items. (It is $1/hour for items that check out by the hour.) The checkout period for reserve items are set by the course instructor.
How Do I Return Books and Videos?
- Return books to the circulation desk (or to the slot on the side of the desk) or to either of the two drop boxes. One drop box is located on the stoop on the brick road between Clock Tower and Lincoln Hall. The other is inside Clock Tower in the wall next to the Library Entrance.
- Return Reserve items and videos to the circulation desk to a library staff member. This is to assure that they get checked in promptly. If you return a video or reserve item to a drop box, it may not get checked in until the next day (or the following Monday if it is the end of the week), leaving you responsible for the fines that add up while the item sits in the drop box.